MichCummings

MichCummings

The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3) - J.A. Saare I don't think I can adequately convey how much I really love this series. To me, it's one of a handful of really excellent urban fantasy series currently out there. Please do not read this review unless you've read the first two books in the series.

This book opens a few weeks after the events at the end of book 2, when Rhiannon comes back from 101 years into the future, and Disco finds out about her and Paine. Rhiannon really can't come to grips with the mind rape that Disco did on her, especially given her abusive childhood.

Not that the first two books in the series were a sunny walk in the park, but this book is way darker. Bad things happen to lots of people. But there were two things I liked about this. One, Rhiannon really won't let people boss her around, so when she is told to do something, she will not do it unless she wants to. This actually causes alot of the mayhem that ensues, but it's fitting with her character. It made me realize that I am not as strong as her, because I would have probably done what was asked of me, and curled up in a fetal ball somewhere. And two, as dark as it gets, there is a whole lot of story left to tell, and hope for her future. I cannot wait to see what that is!

Please do not pirate these books. I want to be able to read the next story!!!!!