MichCummings

MichCummings

The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2) - J.A. Saare First off, let me say that I could not put this book down, which is something that I hope for from every book that I read, and seldom encounter. Is it perfect, no. I had some minor confusion at the beginning in regards to the passage of time, and the action that seemed like it happened over several days, actual occurred in one day. So maybe the beginning could use a little more editing.

And like everyone else who has reviewed this book, it is really hard to do without providing spoilers. This is the second in The Rhiannon's Law series, and you must read the first one first (Dead, Undead or Somewhere in Between).

If you haven't read the first book, the following would be a spoiler, so stop reading this. If you have, I won't spoil anything from this book for you. The book opens 101 years in the future, where Rhiannon has been sent by the demon that she made a deal with. She is trying to find Disco, because if she can deliver the message to him about the deal that she just made, both his deal and her deal with the same demon will both be completed. She finds the world vastly different 101 years in the future. I found her quest, and the results of her actions, as well as the reactions of her friends to these actions, to be very believable as well as gut wrenching. And whether I agree with her actions or not, I can empathize and feel everyone's pain. This is what I am looking for from a book!

Can't wait for the Ripple Effect, the next one in the series.