MichCummings

MichCummings

Deadly Descendant - Jenna Black I was very excited when I started to read this second installment of the series. I slipped back into this world seamlessly, not having too much trouble remembering the story from the previous book, about how Nikki finds out she is a descendent of Artemis, and immortal, as a result of killing (accidentally by her, but on purpose by the victim) one of her clients. I like the worldbuilding, and the mythology. I even liked the apparent love interest, and the current mystery about a descendent of Anubis who is killing humans.

What I really did not like, was the hemming and hawing that Nikki did over what to do with the killer. It turns out that he is taking out the Olympians, one by one. Since the Olympians raped her sister and raped and tortured Emma, one of her current housemates, and are systematically tracking down all the non-Greek God descendents of gods, it would seem that this is not a necessarily bad thing. But she doesn't think its okay, and does some foolish things trying to thwart him. It just didn't ring true for me.