MichCummings

MichCummings

Raven Cursed - Faith Hunter While I enjoyed reading this installment in the Jane Yellowrock series, this was not my favorite book of the series (I liked the previous one much more.) The setting for most of the book is Jane's hometown of Asheville, where she is providing security for some vampire talks. At the same time, werewolves are in town trying to turn witches into female werewolves, Rick is in town with Kemnebi trying to successfully turn into a were-leopard, and Evageline Everhart is trying to bring a demon over. Why on earth does Jane need to be involved in everything going on! Also, during a big scene with the witches trying to control Evangline, Jane turns into beast and can't turn back human until nightfall, which really annoyed me.

And while I realize this is urban fantasy, not paranormal romance, I disliked the attention (or lack thereof) paid to Jane's love life. In the preceding book, Rick was cheating on Jane and she was falling for George Dumas (Bruiser, Leo's blood servant). But in this book the attraction to Bruiser is completely dismissed, the cheating by Rick is explained away (as rape???) and Beast keeps digging at Jane about why she feels the need to limit herself to just one man.