MichCummings

MichCummings

Hellbent - Cherie Priest I really enjoyed this one. This is straightforward Urban Fantasy, no romantic subplots, and a really good story. There were some pretty hysterical moments, concerning the main story (penis bones), which Raylene is on a mission to steal for her "agent" Horace. During the course of trying to retrieve them, she is able to help Adrian (former Navy Seal and current Drag Queen) search for his sister. There is also a tangent where Raylene tries to help Ian (blind vampire that now lives in her building) with his former house in San Francisco, who's leader has died, and wants him to return to the fold.

I can't really list more details, because it would give too much away. I just really enjoyed the story, the further insight into everyone's world, and how it all ended up. Another reviewer complained of the lack of follow through from the first book into tracking down the evil person who made Ian blind, and but since I knew that wasn't happening in this book, it didn't bother me, and it's obvious that it allows for future stories in the series.