MichCummings

MichCummings

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark Series, Book 9) - Kresley Cole I'd give this 4 1/2 stars. While I don't think Cole's books are high literature, they are definitely fun to read (and hot!). And while this book takes place as the same time as Demon from the Dark, it is told from the viewpont of one of the Valkyrie's, Regin the Radiant, and one of the bad guys, Declan Chase. Since I can't remember most books without re-reading them these days, it didn't bother me that we were covering some of the same ground.

The storyline itself was good - it starts when Regin is 12 and meets Aidan, a Berserker and her fated mate. Once Regin grows up, Aidan dies the day that they begin their affair. He is reincarnated 4 times over a thousand years, and every time they reunite, he dies immmediately. What makes this story completely different, is that during the current reincarnation, he is the villain of the piece.

I don't usually enjoy paranormal romance as much as urban fantasy, because I like to follow the same character over several stories. The fun thing about this series, is that the characters from the other books usually reappear, and the supporting characters play importants roles in the story, which also sets the stage for the next book in the series, and I like this continuity.